Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shortcuts

The group did a 4-mile run today. Unfortunately, Melanie and I were a bit behind the pack and lost track of the route. It turns out, we skimmed off 2 blocks of the route. If the conversion chart at http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_all.htm is correct, that means we lost 0.125miles. So that leaves us with 3.875 miles, which I finished in 42:03. I guess I'm happy with that pace (10:30 mile) but somehow I am doubting my calculations. If I really did a 10:30 mile, I'm thrilled. Next time, I'll have to be sure I know all the turns on the route since I can't keep up with the 8 minute milers! Weather condtions at the time of the run: 75F but humid (80%). I had on a tech shirt but the cotton jog bra defeated the purpose somewhat. Now that I've got the tech shirts in order, I need to order some bras that'll wick moisture. I can't believe it's going to be July next week--here comes the really hot stuff!

1 comment:

No said...

Congrats for your spirit to improve. I know I can't improve my mile over 9:30, and that's a stretch for me! My normal mile is like 10:30 too. I admire your positive spirit!