Saturday, June 23, 2007

I must be HUGE!!

I didn't run today, my stomach's been churning for two days and I was too chicken to push it until it's settled again. Instead of running, I shopped for running apparel which I think must give me partial credit, right?

I was in need of some good running bras, preferably something comfortable AND supportive. Why can't they combine the two? And even more importantly, why don't they make them in a normal woman's size??? I'm not huge by any means but I was getting frustrated at the sizes available. Apparently, I must be too large to be running because the largest size they had in the style I liked was a 36C. Hmmm...never thought I would have THAT problem! I only needed it one size bigger (38C) so I went ahead and bought the available size to see how it fit. They also had a nice long-sleeved running shirt on clearance so I bought that plus a short sleeved tech tee. I have found that I can't stand to run in a cotton tee outside in the Indiana heat/humidity. Another non-ladylike trait of mine is that I sweat! There's no "glistening" going on here and I can't stand to wear a drenched t-shirt. I have a technical tee that I picked up at a local close-out store and it's wonderful. I thought it might just be a gimmick to convince the consumer to spend more $$$ but it really does make a difference in how well your body cools. My tip for the day for beginning runners: if you live in a warm climate, invest in at least one tech tee (Nike DriFit is one that's easy to find, there are many others too).

Tomorrow's supposed to be a rest day but hopefully my stomach will be treating me more kindly and I can get a run in the morning.

No comments: