Friday, June 8, 2007

The heat is on...

Yesterday's group run was at 6:15 pm. I had a bear of a time finding a parking spot, finally decided to just drive our running route and park along it so that I wouldn't miss the group if they got started without me. I actually made it to the store right as they were heading out--good timing!

It was a really hot run though. This morning, I checked the weather stats for 6pm and it was officially 88F, 46% humidity (not bad at all for Indiana in June!) with winds of 22mph. I swear, I felt every degree and every gust! I think I like the rain better. I was wiped out but I did the full 3 miles, although I had to resort to walking a few times especially at the end during some uphills. One of the organizers of the group came back for me with about a half mile to go and kept me moving stronger than I would have on my own, that's good for me but I still feel so inadequate! The rest of the group finished in 29 to 30 minutes, I was again at the 34 or 35 minute mark.

Today is a rest day, which just means I'm hectically busy without having to fit in a run. Ha! Tomorrow, we run on the IU Cross Country course at 8 am, although a couple of us are planning to get there early to try to beat some of the heat.

No comments: