Thursday, June 21, 2007

Milestone today!!

I was feeling pretty good this afternoon on the way to join the group for this evening's run. I wondered if that'd all fall away once we started to run or if I was really gearing up for a good day. Turns out it was the latter!

We did the out-and-back run again that we'd done earlier in the week. I had a pretty good pace going and thought I'd see how I felt at the 1.5 mile mark. I was still bringing up the rear of the pack, but I was much closer to the pack this time. At the 1.5 mile mark, I was still feeling pretty good so decided to give it a try and run the rest of it. We made it to the turn-around point at 22 minutes (2.25 mi). Unfortunately, the route back home was 80% uphill...uggg... My time for the full 4.5 miles was 49:24 and I was THRILLED!!! It was the first time I'd ever done more than 3 miles and I felt surprisingly good. I'm so proud of myself, couldn't be happier! Running conditions: 87F, 40% humidity, 6-8mph breeze.

No comments: