Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A New Leaf

Now that my goal race for the spring is over, I decided this was a good time to get some consistent cross-training underway. I always have good intentions about cross-training, but have trouble following through. Since I don't have the excuse of being knee deep in a training schedule or any significant job obligations (unfortunately...) I plan to stick to it. Today is day 4 of P90X and we started the morning dark and early with Yoga X. I'd forgotten how tough the first 40 minutes of that work-out is! I also forgot that it's a 90-minute routine. Oops, only had time for an hour, so I'll finish it later today. I still have to do the Ab Ripper that I was supposed to do yesterday (yesterday was Arms and Shoulders PLUS Ab Ripper, but I didn't allow enough time for 2 routines, oops).

I'm guessing that I'm going to be pretty sore most of the time for the next few weeks, but the payoff will be worth it. We're doing the Lean version rather than the Classic but I'm thinking I may try Classic next time.

I'm trying to get the kids more involved in fitness as well. That's not a new venture, but I'm trying a new tactic. Since hubby and I will be doing the P90X videos, I checked out a few videos for the kids from the library to try. The kicker is that the only way I can get the kids to do them, is to do the video with them! This means that in additon to my running and my P90X, I'm also doing things like Hip Hop Abs, Yoga for the Kid in All of Us, and Island Girl Tahitian Hip Hop!! Yikes! Hopefully, the kids will decide that the videos are enough fun that they will continue them without my help because I can't keep up with 3 hours of exercise every day for long!

No comments: