Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Love/Hate my Body

Or maybe it's the other way around? Today is one of those days where I'm disgusted with the way my body works. Doc left me a message yesterday with some unexpected test results which will result in me needing more tests. In case that's not enough, the timing of these tests will leave me all off-kilter when I start my new job in 2 weeks. Just what I wanted: Hi, I'm your new employee and I need to take a week off because my body refuses to play nice. Oh, lucky me. My heel is still nagging at me in spite of 2 days of rest. The weather is great, my mental state could really use a run, but the fear of making the mystery heel injury worse has me taking another unplanned rest day. Nothing like a day where I both desperately need a run to clear my head and my body needs a rest day to heal itself. Some days, it just sucks no matter how you look at it.

No comments: